What is Leadership Wyoming?
The Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce Leadership Wyoming, joining the more than 50 professional leadership programs throughout the state. Our annual 9-month program is designed to strengthen leadership & professional development skills of our local business leaders.
Our sessions, led by experts in their field, will include the following:
Click on the links below to see articles written by Class of 2018 participant, Rick Hiduk:
WyCCC Champion Investors
Cost of this 9-month program is $595. Tuition covers all program materials, instructors, the opening retreat, lunches and administrative cost. Tuition is non-refundable. Limited scholarships may be available for non-profit organizations.
Applicants must live/work in Wyoming County or be employed by a member of the Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce. Applications will be available in the early spring, and participants will be selected through a competitive selection process led by the Leadership Wyoming Committee. Applications are open to local individuals who play a leadership role and have demonstrated accomplishments in their careers and/or the community. Ideal Leadership Wyoming applicants will have the desire to gain a deeper awareness of the opportunities and challenges facing Wyoming County, be driven to enhance their own leadership skills and experiences, and commit to making positive change within their organizations, the community, and the region.
2018 Program Dates
The Program consists of nine (9) monthly sessions including a two-day retreat (September 20 & 21). Sessions will begin on August 30 and continue on the third Wednesday of every month September through May (No session will be held in December). The final presentation and graduation ceremony will be held in June 2018.
The classes will be held on the following dates:
September 20 & 21
May 4 - Leadercast Wyoming County
June 13, Class Graduation Luncheon
Attendance and full participation is required at every session unless an emergency arises. In which case, only two excused absences for emergency situations will be allowed. Additional time may be required for some session participation and other program elements. Attendance at the two-day retreat and the graduation session is mandatory.
- Increased understanding of Wyoming County through site tours and meetings with local elected officials and businesspeople
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Improved public speaking skills through presentations during the program
- Development of critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Expansion of an informed network of colleagues
- Improved team building skills through group projects
- Strengthened employee skill through training in leadership and strategic thinking
- Increased visibility and access to community leaders and resources
- Encourages employee volunteerism and leadership through exposure to the variety of community and non-profit organizations that service the county
- Expanded leadership and critical thinking abilities, which will result in improved, and confident decision makers for your company